SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Propeller cuts to the lower body killed a man yesterday afternoon at Corey Cove after he was in the water while his father reversed a houseboat.
Shasta County Sheriff says it is unsure whether 23-year-old Kevin Rivera-Cornejo fell or jumped into the water while his father, Hector Rivera, maneuvered the rented houseboat to shore.
Rivera says he only heard a scream and stopped the boat while other family members jumped in to try to rescue Rivera-Conejo.
Deputies say they tried to save his life by transporting him in a patrol boat to the Silverthorn Resort, where an ambulance and helicopter were waiting.
First responders pronounced him dead shortly after.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says alcohol did not play a role in this accident.
- Man dies from propeller cuts at Shasta Lake
- Man Struck by Boat Propeller While at Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- University Of Oregon Student Dies While Camping At Shasta Lake
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- Man Found Dead in Shasta Lake ID’d: SCSO
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake