A Manton man has been killed in a rollover crash in Redding. The 47 year old man was found in a car that ran off Highway 44 just east of Stillwater Road. It traveled down an embankment ending up upside down in a pond. The crash happened around 7 Thursday morning on State Route 44 just east of Stillwater road. The 1999 gold Chrysler sedan went off the side of the highway and down an embankment before flipping into a small pond. Shortly after a passing car on a side street noticed the overturned vehicle and called 9-1-1.
After turning the car back on its right side they found the 47 year old man dead inside. CHP officers at the scene told us there were no skid marks, and no sign of braking so they don't know what caused the crash. Highway 44 was closed for several hours, but reopened at about ten o'clock in the morning.
California Highway Patrol is still investigating what caused the car to veer off the road but they don't believe that any other factors are involved.
- Man dead after car rolled off Highway 44
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- Bear causes traffic delays on Highway 44
- Moving truck crash causes delays on Highway 44
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office identifies man killed in Highway 44 accident
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Man dead after DUI crash on Highway 99
- Pedestrian killed by car on Highway 273
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Lawnmower Causes 20 Acre Wildfire Near Hwy 44