UPDATE 10:50 a.m. Friday, Sept. 13 - The driver of the motorcycle has been positively identified as 26-year-old Brock Jay Whaley of Redding.
Whaley was a firefighter for CAL FIRE Shasta-Trinity Unit.
His relatives have been notified and an autopsy will be scheduled. The incident remains under investigation by the Redding Police Department.
REDDING, Calif. - One person has died after an evening motorcycle collision.
Redding Police said a motorcyclist died after crashing on Hartnell Avenue and Shotwick Trail on September 12.
Around 7 p.m., police said the rider was speeding when he crashed at a curve, was thrown from his bike when hitting a raised sidewalk and struck a tree.
The rider was transported to the hospital where he succumbed to his major injuries.
Police said the rider was wearing a helmet at the time of the collision but it came off during contact with the sidewalk.
Drugs or alcohol do not appear to be a factor in the collision.
The release of identity is pending until relative notification.
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Missing Redding Man Found Dead
- Fatal motorcycle collision on Centerville Road prompts closure
- 2 dead after vehicle collision at Capay
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Head-on collision leaves 2 dead
- Two Highway Collisions in Redding Cause Delays
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision