ANDERSON, Calif. - A Shasta County jury convicted a man of second-degree murder in the death of his own wife.
63-year-old Kenneth Karl Vorreiter Jr. was convicted on Tuesday for second-degree murder and associated domestic violence charges for the death of Lori Lee Vorreiter.
Sheriff's officials said that on November 6, 2018, deputies went to check on Kenneth after a friend reported that he was suicidal.
When they arrived at the couple's home on Pine Street in Anderson, Kenneth told deputies that he hurt his wife.
Kenneth's sentencing is set for March 6 at 10 a.m.
The case was investigated by Shasta County Sheriff's Office Detectives and the Major Crimes Unit.
- Man convicted of murdering his wife, DA says
- Oroville Man Arrested for Ex-Wife's Murder
- Controversy over convicted murderer's clemency
- Shasta County DA: Kidnapping convict sentenced to 11 years
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Man Suspected of Murdering Wife
- Saudi Arabia crucifies Myanmar man convicted of murder
- Tehama County Woman Convicted of Attempted Murder
- DNA Ties Son with Chico Mother’s Murder: Butte DA
- Manhunt underway for suspected murderer of former DA's son
- Paradise man's wrongful conviction overturned