LAKE ALMANOR, Calif. - A man was arrested in Plumas County Tuesday for assaulting his wife and attempting to kill his stepson in a Lake Almanor home.
A report was made to law enforcement Tuesday at approximately 1 a.m. by 26-year-old Stanley Desart who said he was stabbed several times by his stepfather, Isaac Tafoya. Desart also reported that Tafoya had assaulted his mother, Maria Tafoya.
Both Desart and his mother escaped the home on the 2900 block of Highway 147 and met with Plumas County deputies and medical personnel on the highway.
Desart and his mother were taken to Seneca Hospital for medical treatment.
Sheriff's personnel made contact with Isaac Tafoya at the home and arrested him without incident. He was booked into the Plumas County Correction Facility for attempting to kill his son, and for injuring and threatening his wife.
Tafoya is being held on a one million dollar bond.
Detectives said they located several firearms inside the home. Charges for being a felon in possession of a firearm were added to his case.
- Lake Almanor man arrested for stabbing stepson
- Lake Almanor boat ramp closing for the winter
- Highway 89 Closed at Lake Almanor for Bridge Replacement Project
- WATCH VIDEO: Traffic safety issues at Lake Almanor's Spillway Bridge
- Snow near Lake Almanor twice as deep as normal
- Lake Almanor to be higher than average during 2019 summer
- Almanor Ranger District seeking summer campground hosts
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest