OROVILLE, Calif. - A man was arrested on DUI charges after hitting a biker in Oroville and sending them to the hospital.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash happened around 3:43 a.m. on May 18, on State Route 162, near Gold Country Casino & Hotel.
The suspect, 29-year-old Ricardo Gutierrez, was driving a 2004 Audi and hit 30-year-old Jenny Mason, who was riding her bike. She was transported to the hospital with major injuries.
Authorities said Gutierrez was under the influence at the time of the crash and was arrested on felony DUI charges.
The passenger in the car, 24-year-old Cody Sheer, was not arrested.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Man arrested on DUI charges after hitting biker in Oroville
- Oroville CHP Arrests Mother for DUI
- Paradise man arrested for DUI, hit-and-run arrest
- Woman arrested on DUI, hit and run charges
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Chico Police: Man arrested in DUI hit & run
- DUI arrest retraction
- CHP officer arrested on DUI charges
- Oroville CHP: "13 DUI Arrests in 15 Days is Average"