OROVILLE, Calif. - Oroville Police arrested a man for hitting another man in the face with a skateboard outside of an AM/PM.
Police said Brandon Sharp, 19-years-old of Oroville, hit a 26-year-old man in the face with a skateboard in an attempted robbery. This was at 6 p.m. Thursday in the 2700 block of Oro Dam Boulevard. Police said nearby citizens, along with Oroville Police K9 "Ozzy," helped find Sharp hiding in a vacant field nearby.
Officers say they found bags of methamphetamine, items used in the sale of narcotics and two concealed knives on Sharp. Police said further investigation revealed Sharp was trying to rob the victim he hit with the skateboard, but the victim refused to follow Sharp's demands.
He was booked into the Butte County Jail for attempted robbery, assault with a deadly weapon, possession of methamphetamine for sale, possession of a concealed weapon, resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia. Sharp's bail is set at $139,000.
- Suspect arrested in Oroville skateboard attack
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting
- Pro skateboarder Tony Hawk skates through Chico
- Skateboarding star Tony Hawk visits Chico
- Oroville missing person arrested
- Suspect arrested in Paradise for attacking girlfriend
- BOLO for Oroville burglary suspect
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- CHP searching for suspect, vehicle in hit-and-run on Chico skateboarder