Photo Gallery 2 Images
JONES VALLEY, Calif. - Late Saturday night a Shasta County Deputy arrested a man for having a sawed-off shotgun and drug paraphernalia in the Jones Valley area.
The Sheriff's Office says the deputy was patrolling the area when he saw a vehicle parked on the side of the road on Dry Creek, near Silverthorn Road.
Because of the area and the time it was, the deputy decided to investigate further. As he began to do so, he saw a man walk towards the parked vehicle.
Quinton Lee Henderson, 22, did not see or hear the deputy and when the deputy identified himself, Henderson threw his shotgun into the ditch.
When checking records after detainment, it was found Henderson had five warrants out for his arrest; One for possession of a loaded firearm in public.
The deputy recovered the sawed-off shotgun Henderson threw and, during a search of Henderson, there was also drug paraphernalia discovered.
Henderson was booked into the Shasta County Jail after being arrested for the outstanding warrants as well as where he faces charges of having a sawed-off shotgun and being in possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Man arrested in Jones Valley after Deputy finds sawed-off shotgun
- Man Arrested After Beanbag Shotgun Standoff in Redding
- Jones Valley boil alert lifted
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Chico Police Follow A Trail of Quarters to Find Shotgun and Suspect
- Deputies arrest Chico man for armed robbery
- Jones Valley Residents Fight Back on Water Usages Fines
- Placer County Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Man for Possessing Stolen ID's
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for shooting his neighbor