CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department investigated reports of gunshots heard in the area of Porter Way and Rio Lindo Avenue on Friday night and ended up making an arrest related to the incident soon thereafter. The incident happened at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
Some witnesses who reported hearing the gunshots said they saw an adult male leaving the area on foot. Police searched the area and found 25-year-old Jordan Tapp of Chico behind a closed business in the 100 block of Rio Lindo Avenue.
Police said they found a handgun in Tapp's possession. Tapp was arrested for possessing the firearm and some methamphetamine, and also for violating parole. Police said Tapp is a convicted felon who was on parole at the time of the incident.
Though police went door-to-door they were unable to find any property damage or gunshot victims. The Chico Police Department is asking anyone with information regarding this incident to call them at (530) 897-4900.
- Man arrested in Chico after gunshots reported
- Chico Police seeking tips after gunshot victim hospitalized
- French Police: Gunshots in Strasbourg, France
- Gunshots fired in common area of apartments
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Second man arrested for Shooting in Chico
- Man Arrested in Chico City Council Meeting
- Chico Police: Man Arrested for Stabbing Neighbor
- Man Arrested in Downtown Chico Shooting