CHICO, Calif. - Several people called in to the Chico Police Department on Saturday afternoon to report a person driving a vehicle on the wrong side of a roadway, saying there were collisions with four parked vehicles that occurred before the driver fled the scene. This happened in the area of 4th St. and Broadway on Saturday, June 15, 2019 at approximately 3:30 p.m.
The suspect's vehicle was last reported traveling southbound on Park Ave. Chico police found a similar vehicle in the area of W. 20th St. and Rhodes Terrace. The vehicle had front end damage consistent with being involved in a collision.
The driver, Dennis Dever, was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, being involved in a hit-and-run traffic collision, providing a false name to a peace officer, violation of probation, and driving on a suspended driver's license.
- Man arrested for wrong way driving, hit-and-run and DUI
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Woman arrested on DUI, hit and run charges
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Wrong-way driver arrested on DUI, child endangerment charges
- Man arrested on DUI charges after hitting biker in Oroville
- DUI arrest retraction
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision