SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - A Shasta County man was arrested for brandishing a sword in front of a deputy and resisting arrest.
At around 11:29 a.m. on Friday, a deputy responded to the area of Dersch Road for reports of illegal camping.
He found Timothy Sedmak, 63, in a travel trailer. He was being uncooperative and was yelling at the deputies to leave him alone.
The deputy learned that Sedmak was a Sovereign Citizen with the potential for violence.
Sedmak came out of the trailer when the deputy walked further down the road and was brandishing a 3-foot sword. Sedmak thrashed the sword around in the middle of the road and motioned for the deputy to come to him.
Multiple deputies responded to the scene. Sedmak entered and exited his trailer numerous times.
Deputies were able to close the road so that Sedmak would not pose a threat to any citizens.
Eventually, Sedmak exited the trailer without the sword and met with deputies.
He was taken to Shasta County Jail on charges of brandishing a weapon and resisting arrest. Authorities said this was the third time in four months Sedmak has been arrested for resisting arrest.
- Man arrested for brandishing sword, resisting arrest
- Man Arrested For Brandishing Loaded Gun at Someone: RPD
- Man arrested for possession of sword in Happy Camp
- Yuba City Officers Arrest Suspects Involved in Alleged Sword Fight
- A woman in Weaverville was arrested after striking a victim with a sword
- EPA to Lower Emission Standards, California Resisting
- Brandishing Fake Gun at Passing Cars Lands Redding Parolee in Jail: Police
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Man arrested for sexual battery
- Paradise man arrested for DUI, hit-and-run arrest