CHICO, Calif. - Chico Police said a driver caused a multiple-car crash near Pleasant Valley High School at 7:40 a.m. while he was under the influence of drugs.
Police said Clarence Perry Jr., 66, of Chico, sped down the 2400 block of Ceanothus Avenue at nearly double the speed limit when he crashed into the back of another vehicle, causing two other cars to crash.
Although three of the vehicles had to be towed away from the crash, nobody was majorly injured.
While investigators examined Perry, they said he showed symptoms of being intoxicated.
They also found narcotics and drug paraphernalia in his vehicle.
Perry was arrested for DUI and felony child endangerment.
- DUI Suspect arrested for causing chain-reaction crash by Pleasant Valley High School
- CHP Responds to Chain-Reaction Crash on I-5
- Pleasant Valley High School Put on Temporary Lockdown
- Pleasant Valley High School athlete drafted by Houston Astros
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship
- Pleasant Valley High girls, boys compete for basketball state title
- 1 arrested, 1 hospitalized in suspect DUI crash in Redding