BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff arrested 39-year-old Rafael Dacanay for arson to forestland after deputies say he started a 2.2-acre fire off of Highway 149 near the Openshaw Training Center on Oct. 4.
The Openshaw Training Center is owned by the Butte County Sheriff’s Posse, and is a facility used by numerous Butte County agencies, for training purposes.
Officials say Dacanay had just been released from Butte County Jail that morning.
Dacanay’s bail is set at $75,000.
- Man arrested for arson fire ignited near Butte County Sheriff Posse training facility
- Glenn County Sheriff's Posse Hosts Equestrian Events
- CAL FIRE: Arson arrest in Butte County
- Glenn County Sheriff's Posse to Benefit from Annual Poker Ride
- Man Cited for Allegedly Igniting Oregon Fire
- Homeless Camp Fire Ignites Near Chico Train Tracks
- Siskiyou County man arrested on arson charges
- Butte County Sheriff’s Office arrest man for multiple burglaries
- Suicidal Man Ignites Fire at Canyon Road in Redding: RFD
- Lightning strikes ignite 3 fires in Trinity County