A man was arrested early Sunday morning after walking through McKinleyville with a loaded rifle.
On Jan. 21, 2018 around 2:49 a.m. a deputy patrolling the 1400 block of Glendale Drive observed a man walking along the roadway carrying a rifle. The deputy contacted the man, later identified as 29-year-old Brandon James Phelps. Phelps complied with the deputy’s request to put the weapon down and was detained without incident. The rifle Phelps was carrying was found to be loaded.
During a search of Phelps, deputies also located an unloaded pistol concealed in his front pants pocket.
Phelps was booked into the Humboldt County Correctional Facility on the following charges: carrying a firearm capable of being concealed, carrying a loaded firearm in a public place and a misdemeanor arrest warrant for vehicle code violations.
- Man arrested after walking through McKinleyville with loaded rifle
- Humboldt County man finds loaded assault rifles
- Mckinleyville man falls down cliff near Hammond Trail
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- Man in Humboldt County arrested with drugs and loaded guns
- Man Arrested For Brandishing Loaded Gun at Someone: RPD
- Redding Police arrest man for shooting neighbor with airsoft rifle
- Man arrested after police find rifle in his guitar case
- McKinleyville traffic stop leads to discovery of 22 pounds of marijuana
- Redding man arrested after wearing body armor with loaded gun in Chicago