FRESNO, Calif. (AP) - A California man has been arrested on suspicion of leaving a loaded gun unsecured before a 2-year-old boy fatally shot himself.
The Fresno Bee reports 35-year-old Oscar Ramos was arrested Monday for investigation of criminal storage of a firearm and child endangerment.
Police say the toddler, Jace Alexander, shot himself in the head in Ramos' home on Saturday and later died at a hospital.
Ramos was not related to the boy but shared the home with the child's father, who was not there at the time.
California law requires guns to be stored in a locked location, with failure to do so possibly punishable by up to three years in prison.
It was not immediately clear if Ramos has an attorney.
- Man arrested after toddler fatally shoots self in California
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to fatal shooting in Oroville
- Chico shooting suspect arrested in Southern California
- Woman arrested on murder charges after fatal shooting in Oroville
- Dallas Police Seeking Warrant for Officer After Man's Fatal Shooting
- Los Angeles police arrest man after fatal music studio fire
- Second man arrested for Shooting in Chico
- Man Arrested in Downtown Chico Shooting
- Family: Dispute spurred fatal car wash shooting
- California man arrested after explosive device found in car