SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. - A man and woman are behind bars after one of them allegedly pointed a rifle near some residents in the subdivision of Mt. Shasta in Siskiyou County, one now faces attempted murder charges and the other for being an accessory to the crime.
According to the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Office, deputies got a call just after 7:30 a.m. Wednesday about a man armed with a rifle and pointing it at someone around Carnes Road and Shasta Vista Drive.
People reportedly saw the male suspect, Rick Calvin Case, 41, of Fort Jones, allegedly discharging the rifle and one round impacting into the ground, while another report saw Jones shoot the rifle at the victim at a distance of 20 feet.
The victim was not struck by the discharged round, a third report allegedly says that shots were exchanged by the suspect and the victim(s) and that Case was accompanied by a woman later identified as Terra Dawn Stanley, 35, of Yreka.
Deputies arrived shortly after the 911 call at around 7:53 a.m. and authorities say Case attempted to hide a rifle, when law enforcement arrived.
Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Deputies then developed a tactical plan to approach the male and female suspect and were found shortly after in a private driveway of Chipmunk Road, officials said.
Deputies say a rifle suspected to be the weapon used during the incident was located around the area of the subdivision of Mt. Shasta.
Case was arrested by deputies and charged with attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, criminal conspiracy, violating terms of his probation, felon in possession of a firearm, and felon in possession of ammunition, officials said.
Stanley has been charged with being an accessory to a felony crime, criminal conspiracy, and trespassing, officials said.
Luckily no one was injured during the incident.
This case is still under investigation and anyone with information about this case is urged to contact the SCSO’s 24-Hour Dispatch Center at (530) 841-2900.
- Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges After Alleged Shooting Incident in Siskiyou County
- Shasta County man faces attempted murder charges
- Trinity County man faces attempted murder charges after reporting crime
- Orland Man Charged with Attempted Murder after Alleged Home Invasion
- Man Facing Charges for Attempted Murder in Mount Shasta
- Siskiyou County man arrested on arson charges
- Dunsmuir Man Charged with Arson and Attempted Murder for House Fire: Siskiyou Co Sheriff
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Siskiyou County man arrested for murder of son
- Paradise man who backed his truck into a house is now facing attempted murder charges