Redding Calif.—Shasta County Sheriff’s Deputies responded Wednesday around 10:30 a.m. to the 20000 block of Matamoros Street in Redding for a report of a suicidal person.
When deputies arrived they saw Brandon Osborne, 25 years old running from a vehicle.
Deputies began searching Osborne’s property and found him near some brush and trees.
Osborne was holding a knife, pointing it at the deputies.
Osborne was yelling at the deputies and was not listening to deputies’ commands.
While carrying the knife Osborne ran toward other homes in the area.
Deputies began chasing Osborne then he threw the knife.
Due to the fact that deputies didn’t know if Osborne had any other weapons and the close proximity of Prairie Elementary School, deputies requested that the school go on lockdown.
Shortly after the lockdown was issued Osborne was apprehended by deputies in a creek area just northwest of the school.
Osborne was taken to Mercy Medical Center for medical clearance then later transported to the Shasta County Jail and booked into custody for assault with a deadly weapon.
- UPDATE: Man Wielding Knife puts School on Lockdown
- False Reports of Man with Gun puts School on Lockdown
- Standoff with Assault Suspect puts School on Short Lockdown
- Pleasant Valley High School Put on Temporary Lockdown
- Redding High School Put on Brief Lockdown After Threat
- Lockdown at Chico elementary school
- Two Chico Schools Put on Lockdown After Report of Shots Fired in Area
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- Oroville High School Placed on Short Lockdown
- UPDATE: White House on lockdown after vehicle strikes security barrier