A Redding man who had 108 citations dropped after failing to appear in court Monday is back in police custody.
61-year-old Jeffrey Patrick Smerber was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of public intoxication.
Smerber is part of the Chronic Offender Accountability Program which launched last month, and now faces 13 additional misdemeanor charges.
“He's going to continue to be a part of this program, meaning we will put the resources into the case necessary in order to do any kind of resolution we can to make sure he doesn't continue to be a drain on the system's resources,” Shasta County district attorney Stephanie Bridgett said.
Smerber has been arrested a total of 25 times by Redding police.
In the last two years, he has generated 89 calls for service, 27 of them coming from businesses for alcohol-related offenses as well as public waste, loitering and existing warrants.
- Man Who Had 108 Citations Dropped, Arrested Again
- Cesar Chavez Weekend results in 63 arrests, 196 citations
- No citations in Butte County for illegal fireworks
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- UPDATE: Citation Issued for Welder who Allegedly Caused the Apple Fire
- CHP issues hundreds of citations to debris trucks in recent weeks
- Markets Right Now: Dow drops 1,175, biggest-ever point drop
- Man arrested for brandishing sword, resisting arrest
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Annual Drop and Dash Event in Chico