SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - A Redding man was injured Wednesday morning after a boat crash caused him to get ejected and get hit by a boat propeller, according to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO).
According to SCSO, deputies got a call just before noon about an injured man on Shasta Lake near Jones Valley Marina.
The injured individual was identified as Benjamin Duncan, 40, of Redding.
Deputies learned that Duncan and his passenger were traveling on choppy waters in their fishing boat out of the Jones Valley Inlet.
There, a group of waves caused the boat to eject them both into the water, and while in the water, Duncan was struck by the boat.
Luckily Duncan and the passenger got back in the boat and were later towed back to Jones Valley Marina for medical attention.
Deputies found alcohol in Duncan’s system, but authorities do not believe it was a factor in the accident.
- Man Struck by Boat Propeller While at Shasta Lake
- Man dies from propeller cuts at Shasta Lake
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- New House Boat on Shasta Lake Sleeps 22
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Boating Safety Unit honored for Search and Rescue Efforts on Shasta Lake
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- Man Found Dead in Shasta Lake ID’d: SCSO
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement