MANTON, Calif. - The Tehama County Sheriff's Office responded to a report of a stabbing early Wednesday morning at a Tehama County monastery, east of Cottonwood.
According to the Sheriff's office, the incident occurred around 2:21 a.m. on Wednesday when they received a call reporting a disturbance from an intoxicated guest the Monastery of St. John located on Ponderosa Way in Manton.
While deputies were responding to the call, the Sheriff's Office received another call reporting that the intoxicated guest was holding a knife.
At around 2:49 a.m., the dispatch center got a call from a neighbor of the monastery reporting that Vasili Romanzov, a resident of the monastery, had been stabbed.
When deputies arrived at the scene, they found Michail Pijenko with a kitchen knife near him and took him into custody.
Romanzov reported that he was stabbed twice with a kitchen knife while inside his bathroom. He also said that the suspect was a visitor of the monastery and the attack was unprovoked.
Romanzov fled to a neighbor's house after the attack and was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
Pijenko was booked into Tehama County Jail under attempted murder charges.
- Man Stabbed in Tehama County Monastery
- Tehama County Election Results
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Man Arrested on Rape Charges in Tehama County
- Tehama County Man Sentenced for Assault on Child
- Updated: Murdered Man in Tehama Co. Identified
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County
- Local group challenges Tehama County cannabis laws
- Tehama County residents challenge pot laws