UPDATE 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018 - The Chico Police Department has identified the victim who died from a gunshot wound as 28-year-old Christopher Qualls.
This is still an active investigation and the Chico Police Department is asking anyone who has information to call the department at (530) 897-4911.
CHICO, Calif. - Chico police responded to a shooting that followed an alleged robbery in Chico on Saturday night.
On Nov. 17, around 4:56 p.m., officers responded to the 1100 block of W. 2nd Street after there was a report of a man suffering a gunshot wound.
Upon arrival, officers located the man in the parking lot and medics quickly started treating the subject for the gunshot wound. He was transported to Enloe Medical Center where he later died from his injuries.
After interviewing one of the tenants at the apartment complex, Police learned of a disturbance inside one of the apartments which involved an alleged robbery. It was reported that one of the residents shot the suspect and that a second unknown male suspect fled the scene after the shooting.
The investigation is sitll ongoing. The identities of the involved parties have not been released.
- Chico Police Identify Man Shot and Killed During Alleged Robbery Attempt
- Man Flees Chico Walgreens After Armed Robbery Attempt
- Man Arrested in Oroville Attempted Bank Robbery
- Corning man runs to police after attempted robbery
- Chico Savemart Robbery Arrest
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified
- Chico Police Searching for Man Wanted for Attempted Murder
- Police Identify Man Killed in Redding Plane Crash
- Store owner attacked during attempted robbery
- Attempted Robbery at Rolling Hills Casino