CHICO, Calif. - Police have released more information about a shooting that happened in downtown Chico early in the morning on Sept. 6.
The shooting happened around 1 a.m. outside of Duffy's Tavern, when a fight broke out resulting multiple gunshots.
Police say that a rapper, Deshawn Taylor, 23, was performing at a bar called "Lost on Main" when he was asked to leave the stage after forgetting the words to his song.
Taylor then got into a verbal dispute with people inside the bar and allegedly displayed a handgun in his waistband.
Security then ushered him out of the bar, along with his mother and grandmother.
After that, Taylor began walking south of the bar and got into a second altercation with a different group of people near 4th Street in Chico. Witnesses saw him allegedly waving a handgun in the air, which prompted them to call Chico police.
The altercation then became physical, and witnesses saw him allegedly fire the handgun before fleeing on foot.
Officers were able to detain and later arrest Taylor for Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Possession of a Stolen Firearm, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Carrying a Concealed Weapon, Exhibition of a Firearm, Possession of Ammunition by a Prohibited Person and Violation of Probation.
The two victims, who have not been identified, were transported to Enloe Medical Center. Their wounds were not life-threatening.
- Man Arrested in Downtown Chico Shooting
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Transient arrested for downtown Chico robbery
- Attempted robbery suspect arrested in Downtown Chico
- Second man arrested for Shooting in Chico
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Chico Police Arrest One Person For Shooting Outside of Downtown Chico Bar
- Chico shooting suspect arrested in Southern California
- Thieves Arrested in Downtown Redding