Yreka, Calif. - Cal Fire law enforcement officers have arrested a man in connection to starting the Klamathon Fire on July 5.
John Colin Eagle Skoda, 32, was booked into the Siskiyou County Jail on August 23. Cal Fire investigators have said that Skoda was allegedly burning debris recklessly.
The Klamathon Fire burned 38,008 acres in and around the community of Hornbrook. It destroyed 35 homes, 48 structures and damaged an additional 12 structures.
Additionally, one Hornbrook resident lost his life and three firefighters sustained injuries fighting the blaze.
- Man Arrested in Connection to Klamathon Fire
- Klamathon Fire Forces Evacuations
- Evacuees displaced from the Klamathon Fire
- Crews Wrap Up ‘Klamathon Fire’ Clean-Up
- Suspect Arrested in Connection With Holy Fire
- Klamathon Fire:One fatality confirmed, I-5 traffic open again
- LATEST: Officials confirm one death in Klamathon Fire
- Klamathon Fire Press Conference from Friday July 7, 2018
- Maintenance Repair for Victims of the 'Klamathon Fire'