UPDATE 5:27 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31, 2018 - According to Butte County District Attorney Mike Ramsey, a criminal complaint was not filed against Jonathan Ray Burg in an attempted kidnapping case due to insufficient evidence.
He said that they could not positively identify Burg as the suspect. The victim did not select him in the photo line up.
Burg was released from Butte County Jail, but the investigation is ongoing.
OROVILLE, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff's Office has arrested a man in connection to an attempted kidnapping in Oroville on Wednesday.
Jonathan Ray Burg, 30, of Oroville, is suspected of attempting to kidnap a 13-year-old female in her driveway on the 1000 block of 12th Street in Oroville.
The incident occurred around 11:24 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, Burg approached the female and grabbed her by the wrist. The female was able to pull her wrist away and call for help.
Burg was arrested for attempted kidnapping and has been booked into Butte County Jail with bail set at $500,000
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for more updates.
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Investigating Attempted Kidnappings
- Butte DA will stay on Crittenden case
- Attempted Kidnapping Victim Speaks
- Butte Co DA brings charges to DWR
- Shasta County kidnapping suspects in court on attempted murder charges
- Butte D.A. Warns Against Price Gouging
- Butte County D.A.'s Office Honors Crime Victims
- Charges Dropped in Michigan Urination Case
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping