ENCINO, Calif. - A man was arrested today for allegedly threatening to fly to Boston and kill employees of the Boston Globe.
The FBI took Robert Chain, 68, of Encino, into custody today at his home.
Chain allegedly called employees of the Boston Globe the "enemy of the people."
Officials believe that his remarks may have been in response to the newspaper requesting other papers take part in a coordinated editorial response to political attacks on the paper
Chain is accused of making phone calls to Boston Globe saying that he would fly to Boston and kill the paper's employees. Some of these calls were recorded.
- Man Arrested for Threatening Boston Globe Employees
- Redding man arrested after threatening a waste management employee
- Chico Police arrest man for threatening convenience store employee
- Countdown to Golden Globes
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Golden Globes: The winners list
- Golden Globe 2020 nominations revealed
- Man arrested for burglary and threatening law enforcement
- Oroville man arrested after sending threatening texts about mass shooting
- Chico runner headed to the Boston Marathon