CORNING, Calif. - A man was arrested for allegedly attempting to murder a Fish and Wildlife Game Warden in Corning on Sept. 3.
On Monday, A Fish and game Warden was attempting to determine the status of a fishing license for Phien Khamsavang, 35, of Orland. During the investigation, he discovered that Khamsavang had multiple misdemeanor warrants out of Glenn County.
When the Warden attempted to arrest Khamsavang on the warrants, he physically attacked the Warden. Khamsavang then ran toward his vehicle and refused to obey the orders of the Warden.
The Warden used his taser in an attempt to subdue Khamsavang, but it was ineffective.
At this point, Khamsavang was able to get inside his vehicle. The Warden then retreated toward his patrol truck anticipating that Khamsavang was going to flee the scene, but Khamsavang drove his car in a circle and then directly at the Warden, who was not in his truck yet.
The Warden was able to get into his truck just prior to Khamsavang's car striking the driver's side area of the Warden's truck.
Khamsavang fled the area in the car, until it became disabled a short distance away. He then fled on foot westbound on South Avenue before being captured by other Game Warden Officers from the California Highway Patrol.
Deputies from the Tehama County Sheriff's Office responded to the scene and placed Khamsavang under arrest for the attempted murder of the Game Warden, according to the release.
The Warden sustained minor injuries to his left arm, left food and lower back.
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Attempting to Murder Game Warden
- Man sentenced for attempting to murder game warden
- Redding woman arrested for attempted murder
- Authorities chase, arrest Corning attempted murder suspect
- Marysville man arrested for attempted murder and mayhem
- Shasta County man arrested on child abuse, attempted murder charges
- Oregon Man Arrested for Attempted Murder near Yreka
- Redding Man Sentenced for Attempted Murder, Kidnapping
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Redding Police: Man Arrested for Attempted Stabbing