CHICO, Calif. - The Chico Police Department has arrested a suspect accused of sending sexually explicit Snapchat images to middle school-aged girls in Chico.
Chico Police School Resource Officers began the investigation in October and ultimately arrested Kellen Cullpepper, 22, of Chico, on Tuesday in connection to the case.
The investigation uncovered nearly 27 different victims ranging from ages 12 to 17. The social media venue, Snapchat, was what was used to send explicit text messages and photos to the victim's social media accounts.
At around 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, detectives and school resource officers searched Cullpeppers residence where they found evidence connecting him to the crime.
He was transported to Butte County Jail and booked on several felony violations including sending harmful matter to a minor, communication with a minor with the intent to commit a sexual offense, and attempt to contact a minor with the intent to commit a sexual offense.
Chico Police School Resource Officers are currently working with Chico Unified Staff and students to address the dangers of social media and the appropriate avenues to report these incidences.
- Man Arrested for Sending Explicit Snapchat Photos to Underage Students
- Teen arrested for allegedly posting Snapchat threat
- Three arrested in Willows underage alcohol sales sting
- Chico State Student Photo Scandal
- 3 men in Shasta County arrested in connection with soliciting underage prostitutes
- Oroville man arrested after sending threatening texts about mass shooting
- Sting operation in Oroville set up to deter underage drinking
- Corning Police look into reports of a man shooting an assault rifle while recording on Snapchat
- Pet photos with Santa
- Flooding: Viewer photos