Photo Gallery 6 Images
Oroville, Calif.—Members of the Butte County Sheriff’s Office Special Enforcement Unit along with Butte Interagency Narcotics Task Force (BINTF) agents served a search warrant on Cherokee Road in Oroville.
When officers arrived to serve the search warrant they saw an Asian man running from the back of the house into nearby brush in order to avoid the police.
Police caught the man in the tree line about 100 years away. He was identified as Yu Zheng, age 39 of Pennsylvania.
The search of the property revealed an elaborate illegal commercial indoor marijuana grow, outdoor marijuana plants, and marijuana plants growing in a large greenhouse.
A total of 2,165 plants were destroyed from the illegal commercial growing sites.
Zheng was arrested at the scene for cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana for sale, and felony maintaining a residence for drug sales.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Man Arrested After Marijuana Grow Operation Bust in Oroville
- Wildlife officers bust black market marijuana operation in Trinity County
- Oroville Police Arrest 2 After Drug Bust
- Two Oroville men busted with 126lbs of marijuana
- POLICE: Multiple arrests in Oroville during ABC enforcement operation
- Butte County Marijuana Grow Laws Being Enforced
- Forest Service Restores Illegal Marijuana Grow Sites
- Oroville City Council to reconsider marijuana ban
- Q&A on marijuana dispensaries held in Oroville
- Oroville; decides no ballot vote for marijuana