CHICO, Calif. - A man accused of killing a woman on the Chico State campus has waived his right to a preliminary hearing and will head straight to trial.
Samuel Johnson is charged with killing Linda Blacksten in October on the campus. Her body was found near Kendall Hall.
Police said the cause of death appeared to be blunt force trauma.
Johnson will return to court on the Jan. 23 for re-entry of plea and to set a date for trial.
- Man Accused of Killing Woman on Chico State Campus Heads to Trial
- Man Accused of Killing Woman on Chico State Campus Pleads Not Guilty
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Cal Fire Captain Accused of Sexual Assault Heads to Trial
- Homeowner Hold-up in Chico State Campus Expansion
- Chico State Police Searching for Campus Rape Suspect
- Officials Identify Body Found on Chico State's Campus
- Chico State Discusses Campus Situation during Camp Fire
- Police investigate potential threat on Chico State campus
- Abortion pill could come to Chico State campus