The Happy Valley man accused of killing his roommate made his first court appearance Friday.
34-year-old Michael Patrick O'Connell is accused of shooting and killing 41-year-old Adam Russell Mancebo of Anderson.
The judge said O'Connell was already on probation for a prior offense and set his bail at $1,100,000.
Detectives say O'Connell admitted to shooting and killing his roommate with a 12-gauge shotgun after an argument.
O'Connell's attorney asked that the case be continued to Monday for further arraignment.
- Man Accused of Killing Roommate Appears in Court
- Florida suspected school shooter appears in court
- Murder victims son appears in court
- Cottonwood Arson Suspect Makes First Court Appearance
- Chico Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- Oroville murder suspect appeared in court Thursday
- Shasta County lawyer appears in court, accused of attacking family with axe
- Colusa Co. murder suspect, victims were all roommates, authorities say
- Christmas pot couple make appearance in Nebraska court
- 'NorCal Rapist' Suspect Appears in Court, No Plea