CHICO, Calif. - Happening Tuesday night, sit-lie, needles, and voting districts are some of the major topics that will be discussed at the Chico City Council meeting.
One of the first items that will be discussed is the sit-lie ordinance which prohibits people from sitting on sidewalks in commercial areas like Downtown Chico.
Mayor Randall Stone and Vice Mayor Alex Brown asked the council to consider revoking that ordinance two weeks ago.
People who live in Chico have told Action News Now that it unfairly targets homeless people who may be lying on sidewalks, while others say its a good idea.
The council will also discuss Councilmember Sean Morgan's request to ban needle distribution programs within city limits.
Council members will also consider whether to create a map showing partisan data in regards to the voting district map, since it's been requested by some people living in Chico.
On top of these major topics, there is expected to be a huge protest at 5:30 p.m. at 421 Main Street, just 30 minutes before the city council meeting at that same location.
Did you miss what happened at the last Chico City Council meeting? CLICK HERE.
- Major topics to be discussed at Chico City Council
- Chico City Council Addresses Hot Topics
- Chico City Council to discuss 'Simplicity Village'
- Chico Council set to Discuss City Budget
- Chico City Council discusses raising sales tax
- Chico City Council approvals
- Two Major Housing Decisions Reached by Chico City Council
- Chico City Council to Discuss Bidwell Park Changes
- Chico City Council to discuss commercial cannabis proposal
- Chico City Council to Discuss Collecting Taxes from Airbnb