REDDING, Calif. - Hilltop Drive is back open Monday afternoon after a 5-acre blaze briefly snarled traffic on surface streets and Interstate 5 in Redding.
The Redding Fire Department closed Hilltop Drive at about 3 p.m. and reopened it 30 minutes later.
Firefighters quickly stopped forward progress of the fire, that at one point was threatening nearby apartments.
Southbound Interstate 5 had one lane closed for a moment but has since reopened.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Hilltop Drive and Interstate 5 Experience Heavy Traffic After 5 Acre Fire
- Hilltop drive exit construction
- Redding Firefighters Knock Down 2 Acre Fire Near Hilltop Drive
- CHP: Multiple crashes on Hilltop Drive Offramp
- Driving on Interstate 5
- Redding Police Investigating Major Injury Crash on Hilltop Drive
- Smoke Seen All Over Redding From Car Fire on Hilltop
- Coroner's office identifies man killed on I-5 near Hilltop Drive overpass
- Wildfire burns near Hilltop Homes in Los Angeles
- Southbound traffic on Interstate 5 returns to normal after putting out vegetation fire