BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Butte County deputies arrested a Magalia man Monday night they say shot a family member in the leg.
The shooting happened around 8:30 p.m. at a home on Hupp Coutolenc Road. Investigators say Ernest Aldrich, 28, grabbed a handgun during an argument with that family member and shot the victim once in the leg. They believe Aldrich had been drinking.
The victim drove, bleeding, to a Camp Fire roadblock on Skyway to get help. Aldrich was booked into the Butte County Jail on charges of assault with a firearm and being armed with a firearm in the commission of a felony.
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Deputy Assaulted, Two Men Arrested in Magalia
- CAL FIRE arrests suspected arsonist in Magalia
- UPDATE: Magalia Man Barricades Himself Inside Residence
- Man worried about water in Magalia
- Butte County Sheriff's Office investigating shooting in Magalia
- Truck stolen from Chico found in Magalia, suspect arrested
- House Destroyed and Man Burned During Magalia Fire
- Magalia Man Becomes First Camp Fire Looter to be Sentenced