CHICO, Calif. - Many Magalia residents want to return to their homes.
They have been made aware, some of them, that their homes still are standing. They have been told their power has been restored, but still, they are evacuees.
Action News Now reporter Jafet Serrato asked USFS public information officer Brian Ramsey why the people from Magalia are still not being allowed to go back home.
Ramsey said it is still too hazardous up there on the ridge.
He insists the hazards are being evaluated to make sure people will be safe when they are allowed back home.
Listen to the video to hear more.
- Why Magalia Residents Cannot Return Home
- Magalia Residents Continue to Return Home
- Magalia Homecoming: People Begin to Return Home
- Paradise & Magalia residents confused by mystery powder
- UPDATE: Magalia Man Barricades Himself Inside Residence
- Community Meeting Held for Magalia Residents
- More People Return to Magalia Today
- Paradise Resident Returns Home, Shows What Remains
- Mysterious white powder has Magalia and Paradise residents concerned
- Magalia residents impacted by extra surcharge on water bill