CHICO, Calif. - Persistence, it was the theme of a special show at the Museum of Northern California of Art featuring women from Chico.
M.O.N.C.A says that women who painted more than a century ago didn’t get as much recognition as the guys.
So now the museum is honoring their work, Action News Now spoke to an employee who says Ann Pierce and Claudia Steele, both from Chico, inspired them to pull this all together.
“They have been women artists since the early 1900s, so they passed away in 2017 and we thought this was the perfect time to talk about how they persisted as women artists,” said Pat Macias.
The museum will also be hosting an artmaking night on Wednesday, it starts at 6 p.m.
- ‘MONCA’ Honors Chico Female Artists from Back in the Day
- Female Artists Showcased in new MONCA Exhibit
- MONCA presents What, Us Worry?
- Monca Presents ‘The Body Electric’
- MONCA seeks volunteers and promotes current exhibit
- New Exhibits Open Thursday at MONCA
- Giving Tuesday: monca asks for help fixing air conditioner
- Local Chico Artist Brings Beauty to Paradise Ashes
- Chico Artist Brings Out Beauty Among the Ashes
- Fallen firefighter honored in Chico