CHICO, Calif.-- About 150 people turned out in Downtown Chico Wednesday for a Firefighter and Emergency Responder Appreciation Luncheon.
Chico businesswoman Teri Dubose organized the event, which was held at the newly-renovated La Salles restaurant.
Firefighters and EMS workers got to eat for free thanks to community donations and fundraising cookie sales.
City Council Members, the Mayor and City Manager, business owners and community members were also on hand to visit with and thank Firefighters and EMS workers for the lifesaving work that they do.
The event was similar to the "Lunch with Law Enforcement" gathering in March.
Dubose also coordinates "Lunch in the Plaza" every Friday at 1 p.m., where residents are encouraged to bring a sack lunch and meet up for a meal at the Downtown Chico City Plaza . For more information on that, click here.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Lunch with Firefighters and EMS Deemed a Success
- Firefighter and EMS Appreciation Luncheon Planned for Wednesday
- VIDEO: Delta Fire Successes Reported by Firefighters
- Suspicious Package Deemed Safe: Roadways Open
- Marysville PD: 'Catapult EMS saves lives'
- Honoring First Responders For National EMS Week
- Social media threat against Willows High School deemed not credible
- Red Bluff police: school shooting threat deemed not credible
- Body Found at Red Bluff Home, Deemed Suspicious: RBPD
- Chico Murder Suspect Deemed Mentally Competent for Trial