In Chico, a campaign kick-off event was held on Sunday at the women's club.
Debra Lucero is running for District 2 Butte County Supervisor.
District 2 in Chico includes everything south to Chapman town and north to the Tehama County border and everything west of the Esplanade.
Lucero said she is working to collect 1,800 signatures in her district to sign the "petition in lieu of filing fee," which would waive a $600 fee.
This is her first time running for office.
"I think politicians at the local level have become so partisan that it's difficult to get good things done and I want to change that. I want to work with the people that are my elected officials and sit alongside them and do what's right for the people of Butte County,” Lucero said.
Lucero said that she's a strong believer in economic development through arts, culture and tourism.
- Lucero campaign holds petition signature event
- Lucero Olive Oil to close by end of April
- Redding Rancheria's Community Fund dinner is signature event for tribe
- Petition helps save Florida tree house
- Students Petition to Save Band Teacher's Job
- Redding community petitions building of Costco
- Petition created by an Oroville mom to hold the DWR accountable gains traction
- Petition created to overturn Chico City Council marijuana ordinance
- Petition circulates for recall of Paradise mayor, vice mayor
- Local tribes holds annual Salmon Giveaway event in South Oroville