Another active day is on tap across Northern California. More showers, lower snow levels, gusty South winds, and the potential for thunderstorms are all on the way for today. Fog has also returned to portions of the valley this morning, and has dropped visibility down to a quarter mile in the North end of the valley this morning. Showers will not be as heavy through the day, but heavier amounts will be possible if thunderstorms develop. The best chance for thunderstorms will be in the valley from early to mid afternoon, but that could extend towards the evening hours. Snow levels are expected to be down to 2000' today. Sustained winds could reach 20mph out of the South, with gusts to 30mph today. Temperatures are starting out in the mid 30's to low 40's in the valley this morning, and mountain areas are starting out in the 20's to 30's. High temperatures will peak in the high 40's to low 50's in the valley early this afternoon, and in the mid 30's to low 40's in the mountains today.
Some lingering mountain showers will be possible early Friday, but most areas should have a dry end to the week. Temperatures will be in the same range tomorrow. Another chance of showers will brush the Northern zones of the state on Saturday morning, and could bring showers as far South as Redding. Most of those showers will be limited to early in the day. Dry weather returns for Saturday afternoon, and is expected to continue through the start of next week. Sunny skies, and warmer temperatures will be on tap for your Sunday. Valley areas will end up in the low to mid 60's on Sunday afternoon. Staying warm on Monday, but cloudy skies will return. A modest cooling trend will settle in towards the middle of next week, but dry weather is expected to persist through Wednesday.
- Lower snow & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Valley thunderstorms & lower snow ahead for today
- Showers & a chance for more thunderstorms today
- Showers & a chance for thunderstorms today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Showers and the chance for thunderstorms today
- Cooler with the chance for showers and thunderstorms today
- Showers and thunderstorms likely today
- Thunderstorms, chance hail Wednesday into Thursday
- Heavy rain and potential for thunderstorms today
- More showers and a chance of thunderstorms are ahead for today