The significant heat has left us and milder weather has returned to the rea. Sunday and Monday temperatures will be at or below average with highs in the low-to-mid 90s in the Valley. However, the cooler weather comes with a price: high fire danger. The delta breeze will be picking up which will cool us off but with stronger winds also comes the threat of fast-spreading fires. And with dry conditions, typical this time of year, we'll have to remain extra cautious over the next few days.
As we go into the week however, high pressure slowly moves back into the area, increasing our temperatures. We'll be baking by Thursdya but how hot will the oven be? We're expecting highs up to 105 in Redding and 101 in Chico on Thursday. Afterwards, there is no relief in sight. Temperatures will temper themselves but only gradually and will still remain above avergae as we go into the weekend.
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather before significant heat later in the week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather this weekend
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Extreme heat next week
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Cooler weather to start next week
- Sunday's Storm Tracker weather forecast
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Wet & cooler weather returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Storm Tracker Forecast: Triple digits for the weekend but cooler weather ahead
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Severe heat returns today
- Storm Tracker Forecast: Another heat wave incoming