January 22nd marks one year since Brett Silva, the Pleasant Valley soccer coach, was killed in a head on crash by a driver suspected of being under the influence of drugs.
But one year later, charges have still not been filed by the Glenn County District Attorney's Office.
Monday night, friends and family held a candlelight vigil for Silva outside the DA's office.
This big group of people who are still in mourning, are frustrated that no legal action has been taken.
They're hoping to put some pressure on the district attorney so that justice will be served.
It has been one year since Brett Silva's life was taken by a man who was allegedly driving under the influence drugs.
The past year hasn't been easy for family or friends, but they came together to remember Brett.
Lori Silva says, "We have some of the soccer players, we have students, we have family, Boyscouts, everyone here together that he meant so much to them that they're here to show their support and their love."
And their love for brett shines bright like the candles in the dark.
While the vigil served as a time to reminisce of fond memories, those gathered here are hoping to send a message to the Glenn County District Attorney.
Lori Silva says, "I don't understand why this person hasn't been arrested. I feel like that should've happened the moment he stepped out of the hospital. I don't understand because we've asked and CHP has asked at least 2-3 times for him to be arrested."
Jill Vought says, "All the work has been done and yet nothing. So we are here to show support for the family and hopefully get the message out that this isn't okay and we're done waiting at this point."
In an interview earlier this month with Glenn County DA Dwayne Steward, he said cases like this take more than a year to put together and with his limited resources the process is slow.
Steward says, "I don't have a homicide team. It's me, one guy. The problem with using drugs, whether illegal or prescription, we have no line in the sand that says if you have this amount in your system, you're under the influence."
- Loved ones hold candlelight vigil for Brett Silva on 1-year anniversary of his death
- Suspect in 2017 Brett Silva Death Arrested
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Investigation into Death of Brett Silva Moving Forward
- Brother, District Attorney weigh in on Brett Silva case
- Candlelight Vigil Held to Support Camp Fire Victims and Families
- District Attorney: Charges Will be Filed Within Three Months in Brett Silva Case
- California Community Mourns Victims at Vigil for Mudslide Anniversary
- Camp Fire Candlelight Vigil To Be Held in Chico on Sunday
- Congregation Beth Israel Chico Holds Vigil for Pittsburgh Shooting Victims