PARADISE, Calif. - Volunteers from the group Love Paradise came together to help clean up schools on the Ridge before the school year.
Joelle Chinnock from the group said, “The two schools we have targeted today are the Paradise Ridge Elementary and Paradise High School.”
She added that there were other sponsors who helped. This included Starbucks, Helping Hands Gardening Club from Magalia, and CMH Church.
Chinnock said, “As you can tell there is a lot of weeds, debris, and trash in the roadways, so we wanted to make sure they had a nice place to come so it looked clean and they were proud to return to school in Paradise.”
There were about 20 volunteers there, Abby Chinnock said, “Well if their school looks nicer for them then maybe they are more encouraged because it shows Paradise will be rebuilding and we are trying to make Paradise nicer again.”
Sam Seaton who was another young volunteer said it’s important to get out and help the community.
He said, “It’s not going to be a thing like oh look this is clean, but I think it will affect them whether they notice or not.”
Love Paradise has another event planned for October 25th and 26th.
School starts Thursday August 15th.
To see more information about the October event CLICK HERE.
- Love Paradise group holds 'Love our Schools' event
- Paradise Strong, Love Strong
- The Love Paradise group is organizing an event to clean up pathways to and from schools
- Paradise Elk's Lodge holds Father's Day event
- Love Paradise seeks volunteers for Make a Difference Day
- "Love Paradise" Making A Difference Friday and Saturday
- Celebrities send love to Paradise students at prom
- This orangutan loves to paint
- Paradise Medical Group reopened Friday
- In PyeongChang love is in the air