Making A Difference Day will actually take place over the course of two days in the town of Paradise, where the "Love Paradise" campaign will tackle a number of projects.
Volunteers are encouraged to turn out at 8:30 a.m. either Friday, October 26th or Saturday, October 27th ... or both... for 3 hours of light work. The gathering point is Depot Park at Black Olive and Pearson Roads.
"Love Paradise" holds work days about twice a year... for Earth Day and Make a Difference Day. They spruce up and promote fire safe landscaping at places like the local Library and Senior Center, and this week they will see that 15 hundred new daffodils get planted for "Daffodils on the Ridge", started by the Paradise Garden Club.
That club and other organizations including the Paraidse Irrigation District, the Butte Fire Safe Council and the Ridge Rangers (High School Students) are part of the effort.
Volunteers are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and clothing, hats, and bring gloves and water. You can also bring tools like clippers, shears and a rake.
For more information about the projects you can choose to take part in, visit www.loveparadise.net or you can call the Coordinator at (707) 694.4521.
- "Love Paradise" Making A Difference Friday and Saturday
- Love Paradise seeks volunteers for Make a Difference Day
- Saturday Evening Forecast
- Saturday December 22nd Weathercast
- Saturday January 5th Weathercast
- Saturday January 12th Weathercast
- Saturday January 26th Weathercast
- Oroville Hunger Walk is Saturday
- California Nut Festival Returns Saturday
- Farm City Harvest Festival in Chico Saturday