LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles police have arrested a man on suspicion of murder in connection with a music recording studio fire that killed two people.
The Los Angeles Police announced Sunday that officers arrested 28-year-old Eferem Demery after a Saturday morning fire at Top Notch Recordings in Universal City also injured two other people.
Police didn't immediately any more detail, but scheduled a 3:30 p.m. press conference. Jail records don't indicate whether Demery is represented by an attorney.
Crews found heavy smoke when they responded shortly before 7 a.m. to the single-story facility in the Universal City area north of downtown.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Los Angeles police arrest man after fatal music studio fire
- Chico rape suspect arrested in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles police officers deliver baby
- Woman arrested in Los Angeles-area beating of elderly man
- Dog fatally mauls baby in Los Angeles home
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Pro-life rally held in Los Angeles
- Harvey Weinstein statement art in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Zoo euthanizes entire herd of threatened goats
- Los Angeles won't join California's legal pot party Jan. 1