LODI, Calif. - A Lodi skydiver died on Sunday after her parachute failed to deploy.
The incident happened at the Lodi Parachute Center in San Joaquin County.
The Federal Aviation Commission said that the woman was using her own equipment. However, this death is the latest in a string of accidents and violations at the center.
In September of 2016, 20 instructors were suspended after an investigation was done by the United States Parachute Association.
Since 1999, 16 people have died skydiving at the Lodi Parachute Center.
- Lodi Skydiver Dies in Parachute Accident
- 90 year old man celebrates his birthday skydiving
- Skydiver killed after falling onto roof in California
- Worker dies after San Francisco construction accident
- Chico State student dies in car accident UPDATE
- Contractor Dies in Accident at Scene of California Wildfire
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Northern White Rhino Dies
- New Year's Eve fireworks accident injures two