REDDING, Calif. - Turtle Bay School was put on a temporary lockdown Friday after there were reports of a possible gunman nearby.
According to the Redding Police Department, someone reported seeing a man with what looked like a rifle on a trail at "Traveled Way" and North Market Street.
At around 10 a.m. Turtle Bay School, which is about one mile away from the trail, went on a precautionary lockdown.
Police searched the trail area with aerial assistance from the California Highway Patrol but they were not able to find anyone.
A school resource officer said that the suspect could have possibly been a transient with a walking stick.
The lockdown was lifted around 10:30 a.m. and all parents were alerted via call system by the Police Department that everything was all clear.
- Lockdown Lifted at Turtle Bay School After Report of Possible Gunman Nearby
- Turtle Bay 'horticulture'
- Evacuation at Redding school lifted after 'suspicious device' located nearby
- Chocolate after dark at Turtle Bay
- Turtle Bay hosts 'Parade of Animals'
- Future engineers explore construction at Turtle Bay
- Turtle Bay Opens New Prehistoric Exhibition
- Butterflies Take Over 'Turtle Bay' in Redding
- Lockdown lifted at Corning school after gunshots heard near campus
- Turtle Bay 'Sheraton Hotel' set to open soon