OROVILLE, Calif. - Butte County Health officials announced its first confirmed case of the coronavirus Saturday afternoon.
There was a lot of mixed emotions when this news broke. Some people said they were scared while others said this was bound to happen.
I think it was expected especially as more people get tested, the more confirmed cases they're going to have," said Matt Ledford. It's probably going to go up from here. It's going to get worse before it gets better."
One woman said she hopes the coronavirus will be the only issue. She hopes people will stay calm and be kind to one another.
- Locals react to first confirmed coronavirus case in Butte County
- Locals React to Kavanaugh Confirmation
- Humboldt County confirms second coronavirus case
- Butte County Measles Cases
- Measles outbreak: Cases confirmed in Butte, Shasta counties
- Measles outbreak: 2 more cases confirmed in Butte County
- Butte County Health Officials: "We will have confirmed cases"
- Health officials confirm second positive COVID-19 case in Butte County
- Now 7 confirmed measles cases in Butte County
- Three new measles cases confirmed in Butte County