A traditional Mexican holiday dedicated to the three wise men is right around the corner and a local bakery is already preparing.
January 6th is a day when people purchase a bagel shaped pastry.
Mini plastic dolls, that represent baby Jesus, are hidden inside the pastry.
The tradition is to then cut your piece of bread and if a doll is inside your piece, you must throw a party for your family to bring an end to the holidays.
Workers at the local bakery La Michoacana in Chico started their day at three in the morning in order to have the pastry, commonly known as The Rosca, ready for the big day.
- Local business celebrates Mexican holiday
- Celebrate the holidays with the Bidwells
- Celebrate the Holidays with the Bidwells
- Old Time Holiday Celebration Held in Old Shasta Saturday
- Mexican Uber driver in US illegally charged with 4 rapes
- UPDATE: 13 killed in helicopter crash after Mexican quake
- Report: Mexican man assumed American identity for 37 years
- Officials Working to Improve Economy on Mexican Side of Border
- Celebrating Snow!
- Celebration Gospel Choir's Juneteenth celebration