Photo Gallery 5 Images
CHICO, Calif. - Three local artists are taking their chances hosting a pop-up art exhibit Saturday, Sept. 7.
Dolors Mitchell, Candy Matthews, and Eva Farlee will feature paintings they have been working on since the spring.
They include views of Chico bungalows, backyard gardens, local birds, and fertile agricultural surroundings in their paintings. The artists decided to call the event Local Color because they wanted to emphasize everything Chico has to offer through their paintings.
Paintings will be for sale at the pop-up. The event is an opportunity for people to come out, view the art and talk to the artists.
The exhibit is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 665 Bryant Ave. off of Vallombrosa.
Watch the interview for full details.
- Local artists prepare for pop-up art exhibit
- Female Artists Showcased in new MONCA Exhibit
- Artist commemorates Paradise with chainsaw art
- Seeds of Regrowth: Carr Fire art exhibit
- Art exhibit focusing on sexual violence and harassment
- Camp Fire pop-up shop
- Redding Art Festival Draws in Artists Looking to Stand Out in the Community
- Local Artists Raise Money to Rebuild Covered Bridge
- Local Chico Artist Brings Beauty to Paradise Ashes
- Dual exhibition to open at the Museum of Northern California Art