Redding, Calif.—First Lady Melania Trump unveiled her formal platform in a ceremony at the White House Rose Garden.
Mrs. Trump’s Be Best Campaign will focus on three main points: well-being, fighting opioid abuse, and positivity on social media.
Redding’s own Preston Sharp was among several special guests that were invited by the First Lady to attend the event.
Preston shared with Action News Now his thoughts on the announcement.
“And it was really cool listening to her telling us about her goals and it was about trying to get kids more involved and not being bullies and just have a good education at school,” Preston said.
During his visit to Washington D.C., Preston also met with representatives from the Veterans Affairs Office who thanked him for his work honoring the memory of fallen veterans.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Local Preston Sharp asked to Visit the White House
- Preston Sharp, Volunteers Help Clean Up Whiskeytown Cemetery
- Preston Sharp returns home after being recognized at State of the Union Address
- White House chaos rattles markets
- Possible Settlement for 2013 Shooting Death of Breanne Sharpe
- White House Communications Director Hope Hicks resigning
- White House physician's VA nomination on hold
- Democrat in Virginia House race asks to delay breaking tie
- Slain University of South Carolina student died from multiple sharp force injuries, authorities say
- UPDATE: White House on lockdown after vehicle strikes security barrier