PARADISE, Calif. - A local Chico artist brought beauty to the ashes on a property in Paradise in the form of a mural.
Shane Grammer painted the mural on his friends' property on Clark Road.
The property owner, Shane Edwards, has known Grammer for years.
After posting pictures of his home destroyed by the Camp Fire, Grammer reached out to give the family a little bit of hope.
He painted the face of a woman on the fireplace, which was all that was left standing from the home.
The face portrays beauty and Grammer wanted to show that there can be beauty beyond the devastation and the ashes, he said.
- Local Chico Artist Brings Beauty to Paradise Ashes
- Chico Artist Brings Out Beauty Among the Ashes
- 'Beauty from Ashes' art show features murals in Paradise
- Ash Wednesday services in Chico
- Artist commemorates Paradise with chainsaw art
- Paradise Artist Creates Piece for Town Made of Keys
- Paradise Hope Center brings in water, supplies
- ‘MONCA’ Honors Chico Female Artists from Back in the Day
- Chico Velo Wildflower Century race highlights beautiful Butte County
- Local Artists Raise Money to Rebuild Covered Bridge